October, the spooky month, Halloween is celebrated. Legend has it that the earth comes very close to the outer plane of the other world of the souls of the dead that may pass over. October's birthstone is the Opal, a healing multi colored gem. By this time of year the kids are back to school and Halloween seems to be the beginning of holiday shopping.
November brings Thanksgiving Day. It is always celebrated on the 4th Thursday of the month. It is a national holiday in the United States. In 1621, the Plymouth colonists and Wampanoag Native Indians shared a feast that is still acknowledged today as the first Thanksgiving feasts in the colonies. The Citrine gem is November's birthstone, dark yellow.
WHO IS THIS MAN?
MASSASOIT GRAND SACHEM OF ALL THE WAMPANOAG INDIANS
December, Christmas month, the birth of Christ, Turquoise gem, blue-green in color, sign of friendship. Huge celebration and giving of gifts. Doing holiday gifts online and letting Santa do the work, is the best way to celebrate and enjoy spending time with your family.
Beginning of the year with many resolutions with weight loss at top of list.
Top 10 New Year's resolutions for 2022
- Lose weight: of course
- Eat healthier or change diet: will help to lose weight
- Get fitter and take more exercise: could go either way if you are skinny
- Spend more time with family and friends: usually helps reduce stress unless the family and friends are just a nightmare!
- Be more aware and take care of mental health: in the days of covid, a necessity
- Sort out finances and cut back spending: make a list and hide your piggy bank
- Travel more: again be careful where you travel, what's going on in the world, enjoy but don't be stupid
- Take up a new hobby, sport or other interest: keep mind and body active, produce more grey cells. as important as muscle cells!
March with celebration of St. Patrick's Day always on the 17th. Blue or Cyan colored Aquamarine gem is St. Patty's birthstone with the feeling of serenity. This is the day that everyone is Irish.
April is Easter month, The Quartz or Diamond is April's birth stone, sigh of strength . Easter celebrates the rising of Jesus three days after his death. Easter is a holiday that welcomes and celebrates Spring. Easter eggs started in ancient Persia, thought of as a symbol of the struggle between good and evil. I'm just not sure why a bunny brings eggs.